There are so many things to do and see at Universal Studios in Los Angeles. So, it’s better that you start early—especially when you have kids in tow. One day wasn’t even enough for someone like me who traveled solo. Maybe it was just me who took time to everything I saw or the fact that I didn’t really plan my day on what to do and see there.
If I had kids with me, it could have been different. There were so many things to do and see in such a short time. At the end of the day, I was soooooo exhausted that I decided to go back to my hostel to take a shower and rest—because I had other plans before midnight: hit the LA nighlife.
WHAT TO DO AND SEE AT
UNIVERSAL STUDIOS IN LOS ANGELES
The things below are what I did for the whole day. The events are not in particular order.
1. Pose before you enter this gate. There’s the iconic revolving globe that bears the name of the entertainment capital of the world.
2. After you enter the turnstile, admire these statues of filmakers doing their thing, “Lights! Camera! Action!”
3. Stroll the European Boulevard.
4. Sit outside at one of those cafes while people-watching.
5. Don’t miss the rides. Who would miss the?
6. TheRide was an adventure in itself.
7. And oh boy! Thewas wicked cool.
8. These minions are ready to pose with you before (or after) you take your!
9. Fancy some dinosaurs? Enter theand cover yourself. You’re gonna get wet!
10. It’s fun inside this partyland! At least for the kids (at heart)! 🙂
11. Whatever displays you see on the street, stop and read. This motorcycle was used in Brad Pitt’s [easyazon_link asin=”B002T9H2LA” locale=”US” new_window=”yes” nofollow=”default” tag=”pridecostume-20″ add_to_cart=”default” cloaking=”default” localization=”default” popups=”yes”]INGLORIOUS BASTERDS[/easyazon_link].
12. And this car was used in movies.
13. Never miss the live, action-packed performance of the [easyazon_link asin=”B002LFAHBE” locale=”US” new_window=”yes” nofollow=”default” tag=”pridecostume-20″ add_to_cart=”default” cloaking=”default” localization=”default” popups=”yes”]Waterworld[/easyazon_link]. Check the performance times right after you enter the gate. Ask for the brochure. Hint: Do not sit on the first rows if you don’t wanna get wet. 🙂
14. Watch the Universal Studios Parade and see your favorite TV characters. Like, .
15.will give you a high five there!
16.will be delighted to see you.
17. Joker is all smiles at everyone he sees!
18.is alive and drives a cadillac!
19. And oh, the Animal Actors are so adorable on stage!
20. You’ll find familiar animals you see in movies. Like this owl, Olympus, from.
21. If you’re an old soul, the Blues Brothers are ready to entertain you while waiting for other family members frolicking in the rides.
22. Because you’re in Universal Studios, watch and learn.
You will learn how movies are made with special effects.
See the difference between the people you see on stage and the ones you see on screen?
23. Art is everywhere, too!
24. Remember this trio from Apollo 13? And yes, that’s thethey used in the movie.
25. is hungry! Or ready to photobomb you should you take a picture below him. 🙂
26. At the end of the day, when you’re tired and hungry and thristy, check out Hard Rock Cafe. If you don’t have a budget for that, just look up to that reaaallllllllyyyyyy huge guitar! 🙂
27. AND MOST OF ALL, do not skip the Universal Studios Tour. Why? See this post on why you shouldn’t skip it.
Here’s my tip when visiting Hollywood
Universal Studios in Los Angeles:
1. Buy your ticket online. It’s a bit cheaper.
2. Plan ahead. If you plan to watch live performances (I recommend the Waterworld and Movie Magic), make sure to know when and where.
3. Bring extra shirt/s. You might get wet when watching Waterworld or doing the Jurassic Park ride.
4. Join the Universal Studios Tour first trip in the morning. As soon as you enter the gate, ask and head right away to where the tour is. The first trip in the morning is almost empty. No long lines.
5. Go there early. You know what they say, “Early bird catches the worm.”